- Teacher's planning manual
- OEE Curriculum Guide
- OEE Quick Class Guide Reference Sheet
- School Information Form 3 day / 2 night
- Cabin Leader Manual
- Cabin Leader Contract
- Student Journal Template
- EGDELWONK QUESTIONS (a trivia game based on Camp Seymour classes)
- Egdelwonk Answer Sheet
- Pre and post Living Machine curriculum
- Camp Map
- Pro-tips for sharing camp with another school
We are excited to offer the Outdoor and Environmental Education Virtual Camp Experience by Camp Seymour once again for the spring of 2022. The first 50 schools that sign up, will receive the $500 virtual program and curriculum fee at NO CHARGE thanks to the Russell Family Foundation Environmental Education Grant. Your school will receive a private landing page with all the content and resources to host your virtual camp experience. Your school can do your camp week any time you want to between now and the end of this school year.
The content includes:
- SELF-GUIDED LESSONS that get kids outside doing hands-on investigations like they would at camp. Each lesson will have a video and a worksheet. These can be done at home individually or in the school yard.
- A CAMPFIRE section, with a video of classic camp songs, skits, and fun performed by Camp Seymour staff.
- An ELECTIVES section with a heavy Marine Science focus as well as some camp classes and other adaptations of Camp Seymour inspired content.
- A TEACHER RESOURCES section that will include PowerPoints, write-up, and visuals to guide you in facilitating team building and other group activities. These will be set up so you can lead them either virtually or in the school yard / gym with covid-safe adaptations of classic camp activities.
- A place for students and teachers to SHARE WITH US your virtual camp experience. We want to see pictures, read reflective stories, and see student art related to your camp week. Might make a great homework project?
Thousands of students experience the excitement of the Outdoor and Environmental Education (OEE) program at YMCA Camp Seymour every year, exploring ecosystems, understanding natural resources, and improving outdoor and group building skills. Our professional educators with college degrees in environmental studies or outdoor education, are hired for science skills, teaching experience, and enthusiasm.
Our program is designed for 4th through 9th-grade students, but can be tailored to any age group. Students spend from 1 to 5 days participating in hands-on classes such as marine science investigation, squid dissection, forest ecosystems, wildlife ecology, reptiles, sustainability, orienteering, canoeing, small group team building utilizing a challenge course, zip line, and climbing wall.
Classes are designed to enhance Next Generation Science and Washington State Learning Standards. Evening activities provide fun and fellowship for students, teachers, and parents.
We are currently open for day and/or overnight programs following current covid-19 guidelines. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in bringing your school to YMCA Camp Seymour for outdoor and environmental education this school year.