Outdoor and Environmental Education
- Teacher's planning manual
- OEE Curriculum Guide
- OEE Quick Class Guide Reference Sheet
- School Information Form 3 day / 2 night
- Cabin Leader Manual
- Cabin Leader Contract
- Student Journal Template
- EGDELWONK QUESTIONS (a trivia game based on Camp Seymour classes)
- Egdelwonk Answer Sheet
- Pre and post Living Machine curriculum
- Camp Map
- Pro-tips for sharing camp with another school
- Camp Store Order Form Template - The Camp Store will not be available in September.
- Camp Store Order Submission
Thousands of students experience the excitement of the Outdoor and Environmental Education (OEE) program at YMCA Camp Seymour every year, exploring ecosystems, understanding natural resources, and improving outdoor and group building skills. Our professional educators with college degrees in environmental studies or outdoor education, are hired for science skills, teaching experience, and enthusiasm.
Our program is designed for 4th through 9th-grade students, but can be tailored to any age group. Students spend from 1 to 5 days participating in hands-on classes such as marine science investigation, squid dissection, forest ecosystems, wildlife ecology, reptiles, sustainability, orienteering, canoeing, small group team building utilizing a challenge course, zip line, and climbing wall.
Our outdoor school program is aligned with the Next Generation Science and Washington State Learning Standards as well as the development of social and emotional learning skills. Evening activities provide fun and fellowship for students, teachers, and parents.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in bringing your school to YMCA Camp Seymour for outdoor and environmental education.