The Y believes that time spent outdoors helps us be our healthiest, best selves. We are excited to provide outdoor programming at Camp Seymour for active YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties members as part of your membership.
Y members can use our reservation system to book an outdoor experience at Camp Seymour. Select one activity or combine multiple activities to make a day of it.
Reservations open on a rolling schedule 14 days out. Example: reservations for Saturday, March 20th, will open on Saturday, March 6th.
MAKE A RESERVATION
- Archery - Whether you're new to the sport and want to learn or want to practice, we'll facilitate your experience at our archery range using recurve bows.
- Arts and Crafts - Projects could include tie-dye, birdhouses, and more.
- Family Boating - Paddle around the beautiful Glen Cove using our canoes and small kayaks, no experience necessary.
- Kayaking for Adults and Teens (13 and older) - Includes all the gear for a brisk 2-hour guided paddle on the Puget Sound utilizing sea kayaks. Makes a great parent / child activity or for active adults. No experience necessary.
- Forest Quest - An outdoor adventure of riddles, puzzles, and clues, all while hiking Camp Seymour's trails! Like the Amazing Race and escape rooms, you and your family will walk the trails at Camp and put yourselves to the test in a series of challenges that are fun for the whole family.
- Marine Discovery - Learn about the Puget Sound and marine life utilizing our dock, tidal beaches, and marine science touch tanks lab.
- Squid Dissection - Learn about squid anatomy through a hands-on experience.
- Sustainability Center and Garden Tour - Learn about Camp Seymour's sustainability center which features an alternative waste-water treatment system, organic gardens, aquaponics system, large scale composting systems, and a flock of chickens living in a relaimed water tower.
- Outdoor Pickle Ball Courts
- Self-guided Hiking or Trail Running (individuals and families) - Select a one-hour time block to explore the Outback trails.
We are proud to be able to provide this opportunity to our Y members. If you have any questions, please contact Scott Gjertson at 253-460-8890 or by email at email@example.com.
Please help us maintain a healthy environment by observing our new healthy practices:
Please stay home if you've experienced any of the following:
- Were you diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not recovered or are still within the required 14-day quarantine?
- Have you experienced symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 24 hours?
- Have you had contact with a person that has or is suspected to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
Our reopening after the shelter-in-place order related to COVID-19 requires an updated liability waiver signature for all adult members before your first visit. Please complete this step online in advance of your scheduled visit.
Reservations are for households with an active Y membership accounts. If you've placed your membership on hold you can use the link below to reactivate your membership. *Must be at least two days in advance of your visit.REACTIVATE MY MEMBERSHIP